Friday, January 13, 2006

FSOJ - Week 16 - Spring Maiden

And I'm finally caught up! This is Spring Maiden in the Seasons Collection, sold over Christmas break while visiting family. It is an 18 gauge sterling wire frame coiled with 28 gauge fine silver - accent swirls are 22 gauge sterling with 28 gauge fine silver coiled over it. Beads are pink Peruvian opal, rhodolite garnet rounds, white opal chips, and sterling 2mm rounds. It's pretty substantial, about 2 inches from top to bottom. There's also some criss-crossing fine silver wire on the back to stabilize the Peruvian opals a bit more (they're held in through holes, but they just seemed a bit loose). It's quite stable now, even though it looks very lacy. I'm very pleased with how this turned out.

Shy Violet

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, this is beautiful, what a gorgeous design! I love the lacy delicate silver and the way you worked the stones in.
Lynette

Millie Strom said...

Gee, your jewelry is wonderful.

Maggie Ann said...

My...I love the way you use real gems. This is special..it leads your eye from one thing to another, I'm impressed = )