Thursday, October 06, 2005

Back to Teaching!

Well, I'm teaching at karate in an hour and a half. The club is semi-traditional, at least in style if not in overall mood. I'm teaching practical self-defense, basically the stuff you could really use on the street to defend yourself. I'm a bit nervous, because I always am when I have to get in front of people. But I also know that I am qualified to teach, and I have a lot to say and show them, so that helps.

The piece for Week 2 of FSOJ was due last night, and mine was completed but not photographed. Hopefully I'll be able to actually post it tonight.

1 comment:

Adalynn said...

My husband thinks I'm nuts too for looming. I also do counted cross-stitch and he can't figure out how I could do something that takes so long and can get complicated after a while. But the finished product is so delicate and precise (hopefully) that it really makes up for the time spent. The one thing I don't like about it is the string, it knots so easily.
I always wanted to learn karate, but when i was younger and less busy taking care of my family there were no places to learn where I lived. They're sprouting up now, but I'm a stay at home mom and don't feel right about using my husband's hard earned money for something like that. I started donating plasma to get myself some money, but I can only use the first week of the month for me, the rest goes to the family.
I really like "Saisons"; maybe i can figure it out with different colors. :) I'm more of a red, purple, blue, black, kind of girl. but i understand why you picked those colors. I must say again you do excellent work.