Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Shy Violet - Designs by Cecilia


So how did it all start?

In my quest for yet another hobby, about a year and a half ago I began teaching myself how to make jewelry, based mostly on pictures and info on the internet. Self-taught, I very quickly became impatient with simple stringing. With my love of natural stones and my taste becoming rapidly more expensive, I moved on to wire wrapping and coiling, trying to find my own voice or style. I am still developing as an artist, but I have found my own style.

I enjoy letting the natural beauty of the stones take center stage. The intricate detail of coiling, setting off natural stones, satisfies my perfectionist side. I also like casual elegance, as in the link bracelets, and these faceted amazonite coin earrings. Handmade silver beads are irresistable.

1 comment:

shiney teeth and me said...

wow! i love your pieces!!!!